CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR) of the University of Ghana is organizing a 3-Day Annual Research Meeting (ARM) on November 22-24, 2023. The theme of the research meeting is “Strengthening Research Capacity to mitigate current and future Disease Threats: Bridging the Research and Policy Divide
Information for authors:
Your abstract should respond to at least one of the meeting themes:
- Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Non-Communicable Diseases
- Viral infections
- Bacterial Infections
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Malaria/other protozoan Infections
- Traditional Medicine/Drug discovery
- Climate Change and diseases/Food security
- Social Science Research
- Artificial Intelligence and Health
1. The abstract should contain original data not published at the time of the abstract submission deadline
2. All abstracts must be submitted online via the dedicated system that will be available from 21st July to 13th September 2023. Abstracts submitted by email or any alternative method will not be considered.
3. Persons submitting abstracts will be notified of acceptance or rejection of their submissions by 7th October 2023.
4. The presenting author is responsible for the abstract content. S/he is the contact person for submission and communication purposes and is also responsible for disseminating information related to the session to the co-authors. The name of the presenting author should be underlined.
5. The presenting author by submitting their abstract agrees to make themselves (or a colleague) available during the annual meeting for the presentation, question and answer session/ poster tour
6. If all authors belong to a single institution, you do not need to create new affiliations for each author
*Submit your abstracts via this link. https://forms.gle/v5mkcGWTZaa16YHB7
- The abstract should be in English, and no more than 300 words. Arial font size 11 is recommended for clarity.
- Titles should be no more than 20 words (110 characters and spaces). Titles should be in sentence cases and not capital letters.
- Author names should follow the format Surname, First Name(s); eg. Agenyagbor, Charles Akwesi. The use of CAPS should be avoided
- Abstract should be in one paragraph and should contain background, methods, results, and conclusion, without providing these headings in the text. Also, provide up to five keywords. Please see the link for the abstract format to be used.
- Abbreviations and acronyms must be written out in full at the first mention in the text.
- Authors are responsible for proofreading and submitting an abstract without errors.
- All submitted abstracts will be sent for peer review by a panel of experts.
- Authors will be informed of the outcome their submission by 7th October 2023.