The Institute is committed to providing a service of the highest quality and shall be aware and take into consideration the needs and requirements of its users. To ensure that the needs and requirements of users are met, the institute will:
- Operate a Quality Management System to the International standard organization requirements (ISO 15189 and ISO 9001) to integrate the Organization, procedures, processes and resources.
- Set quality objectives and plans to implement the Quality Policy.
- Ensure that all personnel are familiar with this Quality Policy to ensure user satisfaction.
- Ensure that personnel are familiar with the contents of the Quality Manual and all procedures relevant to their work.
- Commit to the health, safety, and welfare of all its staff.
- Ensure that visitors to the Institute will be treated with respect and due consideration will be given to their safety while on site.
- Uphold professional values and be committed to good professional practice and conduct.
- To keep advise of and to implement, where applicable, all current legislation relating to the Health and Safety of staff and visitors.
- Commit to comply with all the relevant environmental legislation.
- Conform to confidentiality and ethical code of conduct of the University of Ghana
- Commit to continual quality improvement.
- Commit to continuous review of the quality policy for suitability.
The Institute will comply with the International standard Organization requirements of the ISO 15189 and ISO 9001 standard for the scope of its practice as well as complying with the policies and procedures of the Ministry of Education and the University of Ghana and is committed to:
- Staff recruitment, training, development and retention at all levels to provide a full and effective service to its users.
- The proper procurement and maintenance of the equipment and other resources needed for the provision of the service.
- The collection, transport and handling of all specimens in such a way as to ensure the correct performance of laboratory examinations.
- The use of analytical procedures that will ensure the highest achievable quality of all tests performed.
- Reporting results/data of analyses in ways which are timely, confidential and accurate.
- The assessment of user satisfaction, in addition to internal audit, external quality assessment, benchmarking and identification and control of non-conformities in order to produce continual quality improvement.